We have developed a Specialty Dental Practice, head of which is Dr. Papanikolaou Georgios. Dr. Papanikolaou is a specialist Periodontist, trained in Gothenburg University, Sweden, accredited by the European Federation of Periodontology.
Main passion of our practice is to save your teeth from periodontitis and provide evidence based implant treatment and prosthetic rehabilitation.
To meet this aim we dedicate the necessary consulting time to perform all the diagnostic examinations and discuss your needs in order to evaluate the possibilities and alternatives for your case.
To achieve the main aim of our practice we base on:
- Specialization: Dr. Papanikolaou has received extensive training in Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, during additional 3 years of specialization in the prestigious University of Gothenburg, Sweden, beyond dental school. Dr. Papanikolaou is member of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) since 2011.
- Team work: Our practice is not one-man show. Our, in-office, specialty team includes Dr. Maria Christoforou, specializing in esthetic and restorative dentistry.
Our trained staff support the daily operations, patient care coordination and meeting all additional health & safety protocols due to COVID-19.
- Cutting edge technology: Our practice is equipped with the latest technology (dental microscope, laser etc.) allowing us to perform therapeutic procedures at highest diagnostic and operating precision.
We use the potentials of today’s dentistry to provide evidence based treatment which is safe, predictable and long term.
Dr. Papanikolaou Georgios DDS, MSc is a specialist in Periodontology and Implantology. He has been trained for 3 years in the reputable University of Gothenburg, Sweden (The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Göteborg, Faculty of Odontology) (2008-2011) beyond his dental training. During his training he was involved in clinical, research and educational activities.
His specialty training is recognized by the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) a prestigious international organization in the field of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry.
Early in his professional career he has also worked for 2 years in Southampton, UK earning a multidimensional approach to dentistry (2006-07).
He is a graduate of the Dental School, University of Athens, Greece (2005).
In 2011 he returned to Ioannina, Greece. He is member of many scientific societies and he regularly attends scientific meetings in Greece and abroad, as attendant as well as speaker.
He is especially focused on periodontal therapy, implant therapy and esthetic periodontal plastic surgery.
He speaks fluently English, Swedish and Greek.
He is member of:
- European Federation of Periodontogy (EFP) (members)
Ελληνική Περιοδοντολογική Εταιρία (ΕΠΕ)
- Σουηδικό Οδοντιατρικό Σύλλογο, με την ειδικότητα του Περιοδοντολόγου
Mέλος του Οδοντιατρικού Συλλόγου Ιωαννίνων, με αριθμό μητρώου 389
ΙΤΙ (International Team for Implantology) και co-director του αντίστοιχου επιστημονικού Study Club Δυτικής Ελλάδας
- Πρώην μέλος του Αγγλικού Οδοντιατρικού Συλλόγου (General Dental Council)
Contribution to international scientific publications
- Interaction between chlorhexidine and fluoride in a mouthrinse solution-a 4-day and 6-week randomized clinical pilot study. Clin Oral Investig. 2017 Oct 14. doi: 10.1007/s00784-017-2219-7. [Epub ahead of print] Authors: Oscar Villa, Per Ramberg, Hidekazu Fukui, Claes-Göran Emilson, Georgios Papanikolaou, Lars Heijl, Dowen Birkhed
Member of the medical team “Travel Health”, under the auspices of the Hellenic Cardiological Society, to inform the public about medical prevention in the province of Epirus.
Dr. Maria Christoforou DDS is a graduate of the Dental School, University of Athens, Greece (2007).
Initially, she worked for a period as general dental practitioner in the UK. Next, she returned to Greece and, for several years, she joined a Maxillo-Facial and Implant Clinic in Athens, Greece, being responsible for the restorative rehabilitation of patients. During the period 2014-2020 she ran her private clinic in Neo Psychico, Athens, Greece.
Her main field of interest is esthetic, minimally invasive dentistry and oral rehabilitation. She is member of scientific societies and she regularly attends scientific meetings in Greece and abroad.
In 2020, she accepted ‘an offer she couldn’t refuse’ and joined our team, bringing her expertise in Ioannina, Greece.
She speaks fluently English and Greek.
She is member of:
- Member of Dental Association of Athens
- ΙΤΙ (International Team for Implantology)
- Former member of General Dental Council, UK
Participation in published scientific studies
Sialolithiasis: A study of 52 patients and a review of the literature. DENTISTRY 2009, 66 (1): 23-30, N. Kolombos, M. Christoforou, E. Karampa-Stylogianni, K. Alexandridis
- Founder of the NOW WHAT initiative to support the progress of children having been hosted in orphanages and institutions.
- Volunteer dentist supporting the Chatzikosta Institution, since 2004
- Actions to inform children on dental prevention, in collaboration with the Patriarchate of Jerusalem.